The Delegation of the European Union to Malaysia (hereinafter referred to as “the EU Delegation”) is launching a photo contest entitled “I★EU Photo Contest” (hereinafter referred to as “contest”) and published on the website:
THEME OF THE CONTEST
Among the EU’s symbols is the circle of 12 golden stars on a blue background, which stands for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony. To celebrate Europe Day (9 May), the Delegation of the European Union (EU) invites photography enthusiasts to submit an artistic photo that shows a star-shaped object(s).
ELIGIBILITY OF CONTESTANTS
- This contest is open to Malaysian citizens domiciled in Malaysia and age 18 years or above.
- A contestant is allowed to submit a maximum of 3 (three) photos.
- Only individual entry is accepted. Collaboration or group or community entries are not eligible.
- The photo(s) must reflect the theme of the contest.
- The photo(s) must be original, unpublished and unproduced. Any piece posted or shared online, anywhere other than personal social media accounts or blog is considered published, and will not be eligible.
- The photo(s) that have been submitted to other contests or has been previously exhibited or sold are not acceptable. We reserve the right to request proof that an entry is the original photo of the contestant and submitted solely by the contestant for this contest. Non-compliance to this rule will result in disqualification of the entry.
- The photos cannot contain third party copyright logos or material and must not violate the rights of any person or entity; including copyright, privacy, or any other intellectual property rights. Upon submitting photo(s) to this contest, the contestant is solely responsible for any infringement of copyrighted materials.
- The photo submissions must not contain inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory, sexual, or unlawful materials, or any religious symbol. The photo submissions must not contain the star of Malaysia’s national flag. The photo(s) deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- The photo(s) must be the contestant’s original concept – plagiarism or “sampling” of any kind is not accepted and will result in disqualification of the entry.
- The photo entries must not have watermarks, timestamps, date stamps, or borders.
- The submitted photo(s) must be saved in the jpg/jpeg high-resolution format, 150-300 dpi and 7-12 compression quality, with a short edge of minimum 1920 pixels and a long edge of maximum of 3200 pixels, and the size of the files should not be less than 2 MB and more than 4 MB.
- Photo(s) taken using a mobile phone are acceptable as long as the minimum image size requirement is met (at least 2 MB).
- Basic image enhancements such as cropping or brightness/contrast adjustments are acceptable, as long as the manipulations applied did not affect the authenticity of the image and its elements.
- Submit your entries online via http://eusenibudaya.com.my/photography/
- Entry must include:
- a completed “Entry Form”
- a copy of a valid ID card
- Entries that do not adhere to the rules described above will be disqualified.
- Winners will be decided by the EU Delegation based on:
- Adherence to the theme and rules of the contest
- Interpretation of the theme
2. The decision is final.
- 10 bundles of prizes for 10 winners
- Under no circumstances may the prizes be subject to change or alteration at the request of the contestants.
- The contest is launched on Thursday, 1 April 2021.
- Deadline: Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, 7th May 2021 at 10 PM (Kuala Lumpur Time, GMT+8).
- The EU Delegation will announce the winners on the contest website and on social media (Facebook and Instagram @euinmalaysia) on Tuesday, 11th May 2021. The EU Delegation will also contact each winner at the email address provided in the entry form.
- The EU Delegation reserves the right to modify the dates and announce them in a timely manner on the contest website.